With the condition of the world at this time, online sales are crucial. Lots of you might already have an internet store–if so, we have you covered with suggestions on the best way best to enhance the online store you have already got. But for those who have hitherto only sold from physical stores, or those of you that are only just beginning your journey to retail–we are here for you! This is your guide to beginning your very first online shop.
There is always the option of choosing a company or a programmer to build your online store for you, if you’ve got the funds for this. But for those who would rather learn yourself and save costs, here is the comprehensive guide to starting your very first online shop!
-> See our products:
- First things first. Get yourself a website builder. There are many platforms to select from, such as WordPress or Wix. We recommend WordPress, just because it’s free with small external costs, and because it is open-source so that you can customize it how you want. It is possible to install design plugins like Elementor making it effortless to build your own website. To get a more comprehensive guide on the best way best to use WooCommerce, click here. However, if you would like something much more user-friendly, Wix could possibly be a better choice for you.
- Select a hosting service for your site. there are lots of alternatives, such as Bluehost, which works with WordPress. Regardless of what hosting service you choose, there’ll be a cost to your domain name and for the hosting agency. Shared hosting–meaning your website is hosted on the same server as other sites –will be the cheapest choice. But if you’d prefer a heavier site you might choose to choose dedicated hosting, meaning that your website includes a server all to itself! Hosting services have an assortment of different strategies with varying prices, so check them out and see which one works best for you.
- Select a theme for your online shop . Themes do the groundwork of layout for you–your pages are already laid out, you only have to fill in the blanks. The main point to consider when picking a theme is the type of your pages–what attributes you need to display on your webpages, and how you would like your shoppers to browse your webpage. Look through the topics that your eCommerce builder provides, and see which one suits you best.
- Once you have chosen a theme, you can begin to customize it. Choose color schemes, fonts, images, and other attributes to design your pages. Based upon your Site Builder, you can add all sorts of different features like embedding your social networking posts or reviews from outside sources on your webpage.
- Next, add your products. The main information you want to begin with is name, price, and descriptions. Based on what eCommerce platform you go for, the amount of products or the amount of variations (colours, sizes, etc.) may be restricted. Product images are also extremely important for internet sales, so it is a fantastic idea to have high-quality photos of your products.
- Set up a Payment System. Popular methods include Stripe or Paypal, however your choices might be limited based upon your eCommerce platform.
- Setup Shipping. Shipping prices depend on your organization and the kinds of goods you sell–you may have a fixed shipping rate, or based on size, weight, or price of this merchandise being sent, or the place the goods are being sent to. Most eCommerce websites have partnerships with unique couriers, such as FedEx or USPS to make your life easier.
Then… well, you’re all done! Take a look through your new eCommerce website, maybe even examine a few sales to be sure everything is running smoothly. If all is well, push your website live and start selling!
A few suggestions to boost your online shop:
Have Shipping and Return information readily accessible on your website. Clients will not be likely to shop with you if they do not understand your policies on shipping and returns!
If you intend to have a physical store in the future, it is a fantastic idea to have a point of sale software that connects with your online shop, such as ConnectPOS, which is totally free.
Have excellent customer support. During times such as these, customer service is more important than ever. Be quick to react, and do anything you can to make their experience the best it can possibly be. Customer support is the best way to grow your brand, and also to develop loyal customers–the base of your retail business!
If your clients have a wonderful experience with your store, offer them an incentive to leave a review. Give them a discount on their next purchase to leave a few words on your website. Reviews go a long way!
Get an SSL Certificate for more secure payments, and to come across as more professional and legitimate to your clients.
Ship Internationally. If you can, obviously. This way, you won’t lose out on any clients!
Social Media. Create a Facebook or Instagram webpage for your online shop. This is great for expanding and marketing your brand, but it is also possible to use these platforms to market! Product images in your social networking pages can be linked to a online shop to make it easy peasy for your customers to shop with you.