Originally posted on MMT Digital’s blog
- The flight to electronic and omnichannel is very likely to last, with an increase in intent to invest online up to 40%, even post-pandemic.
- Consumers have become more loyal, with 61 percent * trying a new brand or buying technique.
- Of consumers who attempted a new electronic shopping strategy, 83%* want to continue to integrate it into their routines long term.
Brands will need to quickly adapt to changes so as to acquire new customers and keep their current base. With such frequent changes in the environment and customer behaviours, we recommend that manufacturers adopt these six principles:
- Cater to the needs of native buyers supporting varied traditional and electronic touchpoints. Including retail, web and mobile shops, social networking, call centers, augmented and virtual reality, connected devices and much more.
- Breakaway from the competition by producing differentiated customer experiences that communicate the brand’s unique selling proposition.
- Maximize conversion rates with personalized, contextual experiences that target the right customers with the perfect content and offerings (proposition through to services and products ), at the ideal time.
- Increase average order size with contextual cross-sell and up-sell offerings combined with personalized promotions and loyalty programs.
- Ensure constant journeys across all accessible touchpoints, with clients having the ability to jump between touchpoints throughout their buyer travel.
- Rapidly adapt to changing customer tastes by giving brands with complete unlimited control over the customer experience.
By following these principles, manufacturers will increase conversion rates across all phases of the customer journey, reinforce brand loyalty, improve customer lifetime value and outpace the competition – ultimately leading to long-term revenue growth.
Build a trade solution to support your business requirements and provide a better customer experience
#1 Move for best of demand
With one of the core business needs to get a new being differentiation, it’s implausible that one, all-encompassing solution will enable eCommerce teams to fulfill unique requirements. These solutions are appropriate to quickly begin a new shop using customized templates and out-of-the-box capabilities. But they fall short when a new should tailor their experiences since it’s usually either impossible to perform or requires too much time and energy. With the best of demand approach, manufacturers possess the freedom to decide on the ideal applications for their business and deliver a special experience.
#2 Avoid”big-bang” jobs
Most large-scale transformation projects aren’t delivered on time and on budget. And the bigger the project, the greater the danger of this happening. These jobs are subject to a lack of clarity on first requirements, a disconnect from the overarching digital eyesight, and the inability to adapt to changing market requirements. Therefore, brands must be able to start small alongside the present implementation and evolve their solution iteratively, including changes as they emerge. This provides businesses with complete control over their digital initiative so that possible budget and time risks are mitigated.
#3 Immediately optimize
Among the most common challenges for brands with conventional trade platforms is the lack of business agility. Traditional commerce platforms are famous for their rigidity, which leads to customization being extremely costly and taking a very long time to implement. Brands should try for a solution that offers superior extensibility and adopts a quick, pragmatic approach to experimentation.
MMT Digital and Elastic Path
To help solve challenges that customers are now facing with eCommerce, we’ve partnered with Elastic Path, leaders in headless commerce microservices and known as a visionary in Gartner’s Digital Commerce Magic Quadrant. We feel that whatever solution you’re building, the client always comes first. Technology is an enabler as opposed to the star of the series. By pushing technology behind the scenes and leveraging its own power, we can provide the exceptional experiences audiences anticipate and a greater return on investment to our customers.
Our strategic partnership with Elastic Path means we could unite our deep technical experience with a top Headless Commerce solution. Using a Composable Commerce approach, we could integrate with a broad assortment of systems to provide an integrated, high standard eCommerce experience fast and economically.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.