Restaurant gift cards are a guarantee of future business in a period of great uncertainty. With COVID-19 forcing restaurateurs throughout the country to find alternative ways to get quality food to their clients, gift cards offer you an extra revenue stream and a means to keep a strong community connection.
Modern digital improvements make it possible to form a gift card program to your particular business, the requirements in your area, and the preferences of your diners. By linking restaurant gift cards to POS solutions, you can better protect your company’s most important asset: your faithful clients.
The Value of Gift Cards
Gift cards are both cash in the bank and a promise to invest more. Normally, a customer using a gift card to the value of about $27 will wind up spending more than 10% over that prepaid sum throughout their stay. Furthermore, gift card recipients are more likely to go back to your business.
Gift cards have become among the most popular gifts during the holiday season, with a reported leap in earnings of over 10 percent over the last two years credited to a civilization that favors experiences as presents.
Perhaps above all, gift cards are a proven method to enable your loyal customers to spread the word about your enterprise. Over 40 percent of customers try a new company for the first time after receiving a gift card, and no kind of marketing is far better than the recommendation of a friend–especially when that friend has already paid for supper.
With COVID-19 forcing many to tighten their belts, having a loyal customer encourage your dining experience one of their peers is a fantastic way to construct new business. You just need to make it simple for your present clients to act on your behalf.
Restaurant Gift Cards with POS Power
Many restaurant owners and managers are trading in their inactive cash registers and complex manual ordering systems for all round point of sale solutions. These cloud-driven platforms connect each aspect of support and preparation into one tablet or smartphone system that unites purchase orders, inventory management, and personnel management with the live table and ordering management of active support.
From one touch-screen terminal, you can monitor a customer’s experience from reservation to final check and provide all of the table and bill dividing, menu variants, and tabs required for a terrific night out.
The major examples of those digital solutions have built-in gift card operation that keeps the books balanced and gives you the flexibility to provide a range of services to your faithful and local guests.
Restaurant Gift Cards POS Potentials
Joining a gift card program into a multi-purpose POS platform permits you to get creative with what you provide to your clients. From plastic to electronic, one-off events or continuing loyalty benefits, and online or in-person activation, you are able to tailor a solution that will encourage your clients to return for more, however you may supply your service now.
- Physical or electronic: The true gift card is only a link to the POS software that records your client information and tracks sales, which means you can let your clients give either physical or electronic gifts.
- Magnet strip, QR Code, or barcode: If you would like to use quality plastic cards you can select between these three link types. Each has its safety and availability advantages, and the last choice will depend on which sort of card or scanner reader you prefer on your POS system.
- Branding and messaging: Obviously your restaurant name and logo should take pride of place on the gift card, but you could also leave space for your client to leave a personal mark in their present, either in images or words.
- Any amount is a fantastic amount: With limitations on movement and parties this holiday season it is logical to provide customers a wide monetary assortment of gift cards to accommodate their needs, be it a fast pick-me-up for a friend or a whole cook-at-home family meal kit.
- Fixed or reloadable: You can let your clients reload and reuse their cards insist on a single event experience that enriches the uniqueness of the present.
- Delivered the ideal manner : Your gift cards can be tailored to reflect the most appropriate method of serving your clients. If you would like online orders home delivered, in-person pickups, or outside dining, you are able to steer visitors that way by providing greater rewards on your gift card choices.
- Money, reduction, or privilege: You aren’t limited to cash transactions when using restaurant gift card POS solutions. You can offer discounts, reusable seasonal offerings, wine and food combinations, or access to premium offerings and discounted events.
- Connect to loyalty: Rewarding loyalty is important during times of doubt, so linking your gift cards to continuing customer incentives can be a fantastic idea. The gift card can be an entry point to your loyalty programs, a reward for membership, or a benefit of introducing others to your organization.
All these options and options can be combined to build something special to a restaurant and beneficial to your core clients.
Build the Perfect Gift Card
You understand your diners, and you ought to be able to gather a gift card offer that will impress them this holiday season, regardless of the continuing COVID-19 conditions. If your card system is related to a lively POS solution then you have got the flexibility to control your resources and make sure whatever you provide makes sound fiscal sense.
If your regulars can not have large family gatherings this season, then perhaps they want to provide the gift of a meal package for every one of their loved ones and share the identical food anyway. If your area is permitting just outdoor diningtable, then let your diners present picnic packs or dessert bundles.
Whatever solution you pursue, bear in mind that the aim is to keep connections with your loyal guests, and also to let them share the gift of dining with you one of their friends.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
►►► See our products: Magento Point of sale, Shopify Point of sale, BigCommerce Point of sale , Woocommerce point of sale, Multi source inventory management, Commercetools POS, Magento 2 POS, Netsuite point of sale and START A FREE TRIAL NOW !