Millions of people use Facebook every day to connect with their family and friends around the world. However, these social commerce platforms are now powerful sales channels.
The new social commerce is a way to increase sales and reach new customers. It allows them to buy directly from these channels. This allows consumers to move easily between channels, making it imperative that they have access to high-quality catalogs.
It not only helps to drive buyer interest and discovery but also makes it easier for them to consider your product. The first impression of your item is its title and description.
If the products in your Instagram Shops and Facebook pages are in stock, customers will feel more comfortable and have more trust in you. Merchants must have a quality product catalog in order to reach more customers and drive more sales.
If you don’t have a Facebook or Instagram account, this is how to connect.
What’s a product catalogue and why is it so important?
A catalog contains information about products that you sell on Facebook and Instagram. Your catalog data quality is key to creating positive shopping experiences in Shops and ads.
Customers will be able to find your products and make better purchasing decisions if your catalog quality is optimized.
The benefits of a high quality catalog:
- Increase your search engine results: The quality of your product directly affects the chances of it being found and allowing you to get more distribution.
- Drive conversions It is essential that your website and catalog are consistent. Shoppers expect seamless experiences across channels. However, visuals and product information can be added to your catalog to ensure that buyers are able to find the right product information for their needs.
Merchants have a lot of opportunities through Facebook For BigCommerce. They need to be strategic in creating the best content that converts.
These are our top tips and best practices to make your brand stand out.
1. Use detailed product information.
Customers will be able to find your product by using category-specific attributes. They also enhance the customer experience and increase conversion rates. Different attributes serve different purposes:
- Discovery These attributes are not directly displayed on your product detail page (PDP), but they help buyers find your product through search. These attributes include brand, gender and age group.
- Variants – Provide variant attributes for products that have a variation. Color, size and material are just a few examples. Find out more about variants on page 2.
- Consideration These attributes are listed on product detail pages as variant selectors. They help buyers to consider purchasing your product.
2. You can manage product variants in the catalog.
Variants are variations on the same product that you have in your catalog. For example, a T-shirt with the same size and color in different sizes. Customers will have a better experience shopping for your products when you properly set up variants in your catalog.
You can add variants to:
- Help customers to find more colors and sizes of a product.
- Give people more options by showing one version of each product in your shop. People can view the variants of the product they are interested in when they select it to learn more.
3. Keep your catalog current.
To use product tags on Instagram you will need a product catalogue. A robust catalog can make it easier to be successful. Consider the viewpoint of the customer. They will see your post and want to know more. They will see the product tag, and then move to the product detail page.
When updating your catalog, here are some important points to remember:
- Inventory – Only products that have inventory can be sold. You can sell products by updating your catalog with exact inventory counts. This will allow you to know when items sell and what product categories codes are required for taxes.
- Product names – Keep product names short and consistent with your Instagram website so that shoppers can easily find out how to use a product.
- Product descriptions – Include the item description. This includes length, material, and size considerations. Don’t forget to include conversions for sizes that are not available in the US.
- Sizing – For products that require sizing consideration, ensure details are accurate. Make sure you have enough inventory to cover all sizes of a product. For more information, see here.
- Pricing – Make sure your price is correct and in line with your website.
- Shipping Fees You can set different shipping fees, including minimum shipping charges at different service levels. In your Commerce Manager settings, you can set your shipping options.
Pro Tip: If there are not enough images or videos on a product page, shoppers will be unable to make a decision. Make sure you have at least two photographs of the product.
4. Be sure to use product tags often.
130,000,000 people click on product tags every month to find out more about brands they’re following on Instagram. Product tags allow you to highlight products from BigCommerce and provide information for customers.
Product tags are essential to give shoppers an easy way not only to find your brand but also to make it easy for them to purchase. You should make product tags a part your Instagram strategy and use them when you post images of products.
Facebook data shows that merchants who tag more than 5 days per month in their feeds see an average of:
- Visitors to product pages have increased by 278%
- Purchases up 231%
- Sales increase by 216%
Because people spend so much time on Instagram, they use product tags in different formats, such as stories, reels, IGTV and captions, the most successful shopping businesses use product tags often across all formats.
To increase shoppable posts, you can use product tags frequently to reach more shoppers and make your shop stand out.