According to indeed.com the average Magento developer’s hourly rate in the US is $44.49. These figures are approximate and will vary depending on the specialist’s experience, seniority, location, and other factors.
If you are looking for a top-quality product, however, don’t expect to pay low prices.
We’ll be covering the following points in this blog post:
- Here is a list of Magento developers who are available to help you with your eCommerce project.
- Benefits and reasons to work with Magento eCommerce certified developers
- There are many cooperation models you have the option to choose from
- A market overview for Magento development
- Hourly salary for Magento developer
- Guidelines for finding a Magento developer
Are you ready? Continue reading.
What Magento Experts are You Looking for?
You need more than hiring Magento developers to deliver a large-scale Magento project for eCommerce businesses. A team of dedicated specialists is also required. This is a list with Magento experts that you can hire for your online shop:
- eCommerce web design to create the visual elements of your online shop. Web designers design the layout and appearance of the website. They also choose the elements that will be displayed on the page, and how customers interact with it.
- Front-end Magento 2 Developer to make your online store visible and attractive on all devices. Front-end developers are responsible for accurately communicating the design and implementing user logic.
- Backend Magento 2 developer for developing and maintaining the server side to your online store. This expert ensures that the site works and fulfills its purpose, while also ensuring security and reliability.
- Quality Assurance Engineer To identify and fix any errors in the code and to prevent them from interfering with customer experience and website operation.
- Project Manager to coordinate and prioritise team activities and assume responsibility for project goals.
- Magento Architect can design your online store starting from the technical side. Magento Architect identifies the best solutions and Magento eCommerce developers bring that technical idea to life.
Magento Certifications and What They Mean
If you have any health concerns, it is a good idea to trust a trusted healthcare provider. Your business should be treated in the same way. It is not a good idea to trust the development of your online shop to people whose expertise you don’t know. You must be able to recognize the following types of Magento certifications from your chosen provider:
- Adobe Certified Professional
A minimum of 0-12 month of experience and learning is required to become an Adobe Professional.
- Adobe Certified Expert
At least one to three years’ experience is required for this certification. Adobe Certified Experts can manage complex projects on their own or mentor less-skilled developers.
- Adobe Certified Master
Adobe Master certification requires at least 3 years experience in managing complex projects and mentoring others.
The following are the benefits of working with certified Magento developers:
- Get guaranteed results. Magento specialists holding one of these certifications will build an eCommerce website that is both efficient and meets your business’s exact requirements.
- They use the most effective Magento development practices. Working with certified developers will ensure that your code is compliant with the Magento standards and best practices. This will help to ensure the security, quality, and scalability of your online store.
- They are experts in the platform. A certification exam is required to become a specialist in Magento. This means that a developer can use their knowledge to create a powerful, clean and fast website and address any urgent issues such as a site going down or bug.
They are always up-to-date on the latest Magento updates. Magento developers who are certified have access to the latest Magento features and updates. These features and updates are not available to non-partner development agencies or the general public. Developers already know how to use new features when they roll out.
Looking to work with developers who have worked on over 1000 successful projects?
Get in Touch with GoMage
Key Collaboration Models for Magento eCommerce Developers
There are three options available for you to choose from when it comes to staffing your eCommerce project.
- A team of in-house developers
- A development agency
- Freelance Magento developers
Let’s look at these options, and compare the pros and cons so that you can decide which one best suits your needs.
Magento 2 developers in-house
In-house team cooperation means that you can hire developers to work on your long-term project at your company’s premises. This option requires that you pay developers a monthly salary and not an hourly rate while they work on your project.
This model allows you to take complete control of the project, and communicate with your team members daily to make sure everything runs smoothly. A dedicated team of people working on your project is a time saver. They can quickly solve problems and give updates.
It can be difficult to hire Magento developers as the majority of experienced professionals work in large development agencies. It will be expensive if you are able to attract a high-ranking specialist. You’ll also have to continue paying a monthly salary each member of your team, even if they have no work for you. You might not be able to assess the skills of a developer.
There are many unnecessary bureaucracy that can be a disadvantage to hiring an in-house staff. You will also need to cover overhead costs such as office rent, taxes on employment, and equipment purchases, among others.
Magento development company
If you are looking for a group of professionals with extensive experience in different industries, a development agency is the best option. This cooperation model allows you to have a team of professionals who can handle your project from start to finish.
Magento developers agencies employ credentialed Magento specialists. This means that they are well-versed in the latest Magento updates and can resolve any problems quickly. A project manager coordinates the work of each stage of your eCommerce project for development companies.
Magento development agencies are also great because they can help with your initial ideas and offer support and maintenance for your online store after the project is complete.
Focus on what you are good at and outsource the rest.
Peter Drucker, Management consultant and educator.
You should realize that you won’t be the only client if you decide to work with a development company. You can still get the same dedication and commitment as an in-house team if you work with professionals. You can still be involved in the project, even if you are working with an offshore Magento development company. You can stay connected with your team and discuss any tasks or ideas via online meetings.
Agencies are highly focused on working with clients to achieve the desired result in the shortest amount of time. This means that they charge a higher price for their services. This investment will ensure that you get the best result possible and win long-term.
Magento freelance developers
Freelancers, who are specialists working on a project-based basis, are self-employed. They are usually short-term specialists who work on a project basis and have fewer deliverables. Sometimes, freelance Magento developers need to be supervised and guided by clients.
Freelancers do not have overhead costs as development agencies do. Therefore, hourly rates for freelance developers are often low. You can also choose the most affordable Magento development service for your needs. You can lower your project budget by hiring freelancers from different places.
First, be aware that freelancers may not be your only client. Communication delays can result from this. Freelancers will not be as committed to your project as an in-house or outsource team.
They could ask for a prepayment and then disappear without providing any results. They can also start working on the project, but then simply give up and leave it to others. You’ll have to spend lots of time looking for a new provider. Low hourly rates for freelance developers are not a way to save money.
Working with freelance developers can pose security risks. They could intentionally or unintentionally disclose sensitive data to interested parties or use third-party code to speed up development. Working with Magento freelance developers is fraught with risks.
Below is an illustration that illustrates key differences among the three main models of cooperation.
The table shows that working with a Magento agency can bring you the greatest benefits. When making your decision, it is important to consider your specific business needs. The final development cost will depend on the type of cooperation you choose. The lowest rate won’t guarantee that you will get the desired result. A larger initial investment can lead to long-term savings and be more cost-effective.
Hourly Salary for Magento Developer
The hourly rate of a Magento developer’s salary varies depending on their skills, whereabouts, and certifications. Different websites offer different information about Magento eCommerce developers’ salaries. talent.com reports a developer’s hourly rate at $56.44 an hour. indeed.com, however, shows a developer’s hourly rate of $44.49 in the US. A highly skilled developer may charge $200 an hour.
Let’s take a look at the hourly salary of a Magento developer in the most popular areas.
You’ll pay three to four times more for Magento development services in the US and Canada than you would in Europe. These countries have hourly rates for freelance developers starting at $150, and climbing up to $200. The hourly rate in Europe will vary between $50 and $99, with the average price being between $50 and $99 The lowest hourly salary for Magento developers is in Asia, where it’s $15-40 per hour. Latin America, where you’ll get $25-50 per hour and South Africa, which will cost $20-40 per hour.
A Hivemind study found that Magento is Europe’s leading eCommerce platform with a 24.6% market share. This means that Europe has a large pool of Magento experts . Many US-based Magento companies employ them to help with their eCommerce projects.
Apart from the lower salaries of Magento developers, there are many other benefits to working with an agency with European developers. These benefits are:
- There are no communication barriers. All European IT companies require at least a intermediate level of English proficiency for developers. This means that communication will be seamless.
- Magento experts with deep knowledge. They are able to deliver top-quality services.
- Favorable time differences. Communication will be faster because time zone differences aren’t as significant as in other countries.
- Low prices. You can have a guarantee without having to compromise the quality of your final product.
No cultural differences. You can eliminate the cultural gap by hiring European developers. This will make it easier to communicate with your business and improve the effectiveness of the work process.
Do you need a project estimate?
GoMage offers a free estimate for your Magento project.
Get in touch
Where can I find Magento 2 developers?
We’ve covered key factors when choosing Magento 2 developers. Now it’s time for us to give you a list of resources to help you find the right people to work on your eCommerce project. There are many options, including B2B rating sites like Clutch and GoodFirms. Wadline is another popular option. You can also find specialists through international freelance marketplaces such as Upwork or word-of mouth marketing. Let’s take a deeper look at each option.
Rating platforms for B2B
Such independent B2B rating platforms like Clutch, GoodFirms, Wadline, etc. A list of the top software companies with information about the company, its portfolio and verified customer reviews.
These platforms work in a similar way to professional social networks. Companies create their own profiles and include as much information as they can about themselves: year of establishment, location and number of employees. This information is then verified.
Upwork is one the most used online job-search platforms. It provides contract protection for developers and clients, and it helps to build relationships. The platform will provide a list with developers that match your job description after you have submitted a job request. This platform is a very popular one for freelance Magento developers. There are many options.
Lastly, the basic membership plan does not require additional fees for posting jobs to search specialists. It is important to remember that the website charges an additional fee for any work done through its platform. This is particularly true when you start working relationships.
The best way to find specialists for your project is word-of-mouth. Ask your friends and associates for recommendations on Magento developers and agencies. Trust is the most important thing.
Adobe Solution Partner Directory
We recommend you select a trusted Magento partner agency to ensure that you have the best possible development team for your eCommerce projects. Adobe Solution Partner Directory lists the top companies that can help clients create online stores using the Magento platform.
A Magento Solution Partner means that a company can be certain that its employees have the right skills and training to deliver a result that meets all your business requirements. GoMage, for example, is a Magento Solution Partner with more than 11 years of Magento experience and over 1000 successful eCommerce projects.
How to choose the best Magento developers
It can be difficult to find a Magento developer team that is reliable due to the many aspects you should consider when choosing a vendor. Your choice will impact how much time and money it takes to build an online store. Your choice will also have a long-term impact on your eCommerce project. This 3-step guide will help you choose the best Magento developers for your company.
- Identify your initial requirements to ensure that you get the results you want.
- Search for a reliable service provider by looking at the vendor’s portfolio, reviews, expertise, portfolio, and ratings on Clutch and GoodFirms.
- Sign an agreement and get started working with the Magento 2 development firm to propel your eCommerce business.