The development of tablet POS systems has radically altered the point of sale market in the last ten years. From restaurants to boutiques, pills have found their way into many different commercial environments.
What is so great about pills?
Pills are small, sleek, and sexy. They are also small and portable, so if space is a limit or you will need to carry around your POS system, then tablets can be quite beneficial hardware to get.
What’s the downside of using pills?
Tablets were created for customer applications and can take a beating in commercial environments. Envision a bartender punching in an arrangement with an empty beer bottle in hand during happy hour. Pills may also have limited internet connectivity and rely on WiFi or a mobile signal. Most tablets also lack horsepower and give inferior processors to bigger computers.
Are pills just a whole lot of hype?
Not necessarily. Pills certainly have their place, but we do not envision traditional terminals becoming obsolete anytime soon. Along with tablets themselves, there is also an whole sub-industry of tablet-based software platforms — but that is a totally different Q&A session.
How do you advocate using tablets?
As previously mentioned, we do not encourage the replacement of traditional POS terminals with pills for the sake of looking cool. Instead, we advocate using pills to augment your existing operations. We have sold pills for numerous situations, but below are the most common situations where we see pills add value:
- Small Footprint: Tablets are modest and sometimes space is simply limited. Like the banner image above, pills can be put into docking stations and behave as a non invasive POS system.
- Line Busting: Pills are amazing for breaking up the line during busy times.
- Mobile Wait Staff: The wait staff can take orders from anywhere in the restaurant and immediately send them to the POS from a tablet.
- Receiving Inventory: Many retailers use pills to obtain inventory in their inventory room. Rather than counting each product, they could scan them straight to the point of sale.
- Trade Shows: Advertisers also have used tablets to conduct transactions at trade shows and other temporary sale websites.
We estimate that 80 percent of the clients and prospects that call asking about pills really do not get one. The majority of the time, once we ask why somebody needs a tablet POS, they can’t put forth a legitimate business reason beyond the appearance. Once we really walk through the company scenario, most individuals decide against tablets.
Alright, visit our product: