As an operator, you have got lots of challenges to overcome to run a profitable business. Technology can be deployed in several approaches to help support your business targets and streamline your processes. Here are a few tangible measures you can take now to help improve your own buttocks.
This implies : Recipe and menu engineering is the practice of creating a selection of recipes to form a menu to your company, while accounting for possible costs, waste, sales and profitability.
How it helps : Automating the recipe and menu creation process and transferring it from spreadsheets into a menu technology tool provides you the insight you will need to price your menus and plan your portion sizes, margins, costs and buying strategy ahead of time. The perfect solution will help out with crafting menus and recipes which are highly popular with your customers and make business sense. It will help you:
- Guarantee menu profitability — Gaining an understanding of what items are the best sellers and learning that items offer you the maximum profit help you gain total margin control. You will have the ability to analyze menu performance and identify areas where improvements and savings can be made.
- See the effects of altering ingredients — With the appropriate system, your chefs will have the ability to understand how different choices will affect the cost to produce dishes, and the margins which may be achieved — letting them locate inspired options that produce commercial sense.
- Give clients information at their fingertips — A solution with menu publishing improves the consumer experience by providing information on calories, ingredients and allergens.
Integrate your back-office systems.
This implies : Using systems integration, the back-office automation tools are synced and can share information with one another. Data is routed directly from local operational systems to fundamental financial systems without needing to be entered manually. Including everything from register documents to payroll information to invoices.
How it might help: Integrated back office systems streamline your operations, eliminate error and deliver savings to the bottom-line. They supply a two-way interface between central and local sections, so dependable information is shared and coded properly across divisions and sites. IT, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Purchasing can collaborate and simplify procedures and workflows. Managers, workers and the head office can join and work towards the same goals with the identical information.
System integration tips:
- Analyze your current back office components — Plan a route to integration where you are able to join your systems, easily keep data connections, create automated reporting and workflow, and communicate keywords across your groups.
- Make sure that your solution can integrate with your financial systems and POS — To save you time and remove error manual data entry; make sure the systems you would like to join are capable of integration. It is significant that front of house systems and employee-facing tools seamlessly link to your financial and back office solutions.
- Select a solution tailored to your requirements as a hospitality operator — be certain the solution you buy includes a lot of different elements so you can develop with it and add functionality as your operations enlarge. Modules you should look for include Purchase-to-Pay and Inventory, Workforce Management and Analytics.
Technology is a powerful tool in your pursuit of greater profitability. Recipe and menu engineering and systems integration are two powerful way to leverage its strength to maximize your operations.
ConnectPOS has solutions that can help you reimagine your own performance. Our menu and recipe engineering solution promotes imagination and cost control in the kitchen. And our hospitality-specific platform meets your exacting needs as an operator and supports full system integration. Contact us to find out more.